Easy. Organic. Non-toxic. Homemade. For the whole family. I have been wanting to make this powder for awhile, especially after seeing some priced for $12 at our local market. Once I looked at the ingredients I knew I could make my own version for much cheaper, so that's what I did.
What you will need:
- Mason Jar w/ lid
- Food processor or coffee grinder (to powder herbs)
- Dried herbs (calendula, chamomile, or lavender) - 1 tablespoon
- Arrowroot Powder - 1/2 cup
- Lavender Essential Oil - 5 drops
- Powder your dried flowers in a food processor
- Add powdered flowers to 1/2 cup of arrowroot
- Whisk powders together well
- Add 5 drops of essential oil and whisk.
- Store in a mason jar w/ lid
- Use liberally after bath, diapering, or shower.
- Safe for the whole family!
* always consult your midwife/physician before including essential oils in your recipes when using on infants. additionally, a good resource to use is this book: essential oil for mama & baby *