There is no exaggeration in the title. These are the best cookies I have ever made and tasted. Even though I am the one lactating, my husband and oldest child stay with their hands in my cookie stash. And for those wondering, no, these delicious cookies will not produce breastmilk in men or children! They are simply packed with ingredients that are awesome for us breastfeeding mamas, like oats, brewers yeast, and flaxseed. The recipe below makes 4.5 dozen cookies! I am warning you now, you will want to eat them all in one sitting. Don't. Or better yet, try not to.
- 1 cup butter (you can sub 1/2 cup coconut oil if a cup of butter is too much for you)
- 1 cup raw cane sugar (sub coconut sugar if you prefer low glycemic)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- flax egg (4 tbsp water mixed w/ 2 tbsp flax meal)
- 2 chicken eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 4tbsn brewer's yeast
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°
- 2. Mix the flaxseed meal and water and let sit for 3-5 minutes.
- 3. Beat butter, sugar, and maple syrup in stand mixer (or w/ hand mixer)
- 4. Add eggs and mix well.
- 5. Add flaxseed mix and vanilla.
- 6. Sift together flours, brewers yeast, baking soda, and salt.
- 7. Add dry ingredients to butter mix.
- 8. Fold in oats and choc. chips.
- 9. Scoop onto a baking sheet w/ silicone mat or parchment paper
- 10. Bake for 11 minutes.
- 11. Let sit for a couple minutes then remove from tray.
- *Freeze the rest of the dough until you're ready to use it.*