Recently I have been craving pancakes + peanut butter something terrible! I finally caved in and combined two amazing things to make an even more amazing thing.
*INSERT HAPPY FACE HERE*
I searched online for the best recipe and found one on recipegirl.com. I tweaked it to make the ingredients vegan-friendly. They came out even better than I expected.
The vegan recipe is below. If you aren't veg you can see the original recipe here.
Fluffy Vegan PB Pancakes (with cacao nibs)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup non-dairy milk (I used vanilla flax milk)
- 1 ½ teaspoon of ener-g egg replacer (mix with 2 tbspn water)
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter (melt in microwave safe bowl first)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cacao nibs for a chocolately touch
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
2. In a separate, larger bowl, whisk together the non-dairy milk, melted peanut butter, egg replacer and vanilla. Whisk until peanut butter is broken up and mixed well into the other liquids. Stir in the dry ingredients and mix just until moistened. Don't try too hard to make the batter smooth. Lumps are OK!
3. Heat a large skillet or griddle to medium heat. Coat with a little coconut oil cooking spray or vegan butter. Spoon about 1/3 cup of batter onto the heated pan and spread gently into a circle (I like to use a spring ice cream scoop- it's the perfect size).
4. Cook until bubbles begin to appear on the surface and the edges are dry. Flip and cook the other side until golden brown and cooked through in the middle. Repeat with remaining batter. Serve with maple syrup (we use an agave maple blend).
Recipe adapted from: recipegirl.com