bubble tea makes me happy! so much so that I decide it was time to start making my own instead of spending $5 and some change on one. even though it's always $5 and some change well spent. also, a lot of my vegan (or dairy sensitive folks) have asked me about a vegan version of boba milk tea, this post should do be helpful. a friend of mine sent me this amazing video that shows the steps on how to make perfect vegan bubble tea. not only is the tutorial easy, but the video was STUNNING. check it out below.
amazing video, right? i tweaked my recipe a little bit. i also didn't soak the boba pearls overnight, they still came out chewy and yummy.
i followed the video's steps, they are pretty interchangeable too. here's what i used:
- a black chai tea blend (you can use any tea you'd like, but black tea is pretty great)
- 1.5 cups water for steeping the tea on a pot over the stove
- 1.5 cups of vanilla almond milk to pour into the boiling tea
- boba pearls (i like this brand. the directions are straightforward + simple)
- to cook the pearls follow the directions on the back of the packaging.
- maple syrup for sweetening the pearls once cooked
my bubble tea craving was met today! i hope yours will be too when you try this. :)